Welcome to the RIBI Rotaract Committee. The membership of the Rotaract Committee, comprised of both Rotarians and Rotaractors, aims to provide assistance and guidance to district leaders and Rotary clubs in the development, strengthening and extension of Rotaract througout RIBI. Furthermore, the committee will work to support, encourage and enable Rotaract in Great Britain and Ireland (RGBI), the multidistrict information organisation of Rotaract in RIBI, in the delivery of its responsibilities to Rotaractors.
- James Lovatt - RGBI Chairman
- Grazina Linkeviciute - RGBI Vice Chairman
- Ken Robertshaw
- Richard Blackman
- Peter Dowse - Liaison Governor
Established in 1968, Rotaract is a global network of young people who are changing the world with clubs in over 160 countries worldwide. Rotaract is a structured programme of Rotary International for young professionals and students, aged 18 to 30, who are committed to service and leadership in their communities and abroad.
Rotaract clubs operate much like Rotary clubs. Their members, called Rotaractors, follow the Four Way Test and exemplify Service Above Self. Although Rotaractors are not considered to be junior Rotarians, they are, in fact the Rotarians of the future.
The goals of Rotaract, as set out by Rotary International, are:
- To develop professional and leadership skills.
- To emphasise respect for the rights of others, and to promote ethical standards and the dignity of all useful occupations.
- To provide opportunities for young people to address the needs and concerns of the community and our world.
- To provide opportunities for working in co-operation with sponsoring Rotary clubs.
- To motivate young people for eventual membership in Rotary.